GeoSwap, Inc. (“GeoSwap”, “We”) knows that you take your privacy seriously. We do, too. We are committed to giving you transparency of our privacy practices and control over your data in connection with GeoSwap’s Services (as defined in GeoSwap’s Terms and Services). To that end, we have developed the following document which describes the data we collect, how we use it, with whom we share it, and your choices regarding your data:
What Personal Information Does GeoSwap Collect?
- Personal Information You Provide to Us: We receive and store information you enter on our Services or provide to us in any other way. The types of Personal Information collected may include your name, email address, phone number, birthday, Twitter and/or Facebook usernames, and location. We automatically receive your location when you use the Services. We use your phone’s default hardware and software to determine your location. The Personal Information you provide is used for such purposes as allowing you to set up a user account and profile that can be used to interact with other users through the Services, improving the content of the Services, customizing the advertising and content you and your friends see (including GeoSwap or third-party advertising or content), and communicating with you about specials and new features. Your Services account will be associated with a Services ID and your email (when you log into the Services) and this account will be used for all our Service that you use.We may also draw upon this Personal Information in order to adapt the Services of our community to your needs, to research the effectiveness of our network and Services, and to develop new tools for the community.
- Children under 13: The Services are not directed to individuals who are younger than 13 years old.
How is My Information Shared?
- Businesses, Locations, Events and Brands (“Official Content Creators”): One of the key purposes of the Services is to help users learn about Official Content Creators (for example, a restaurant, a retail shop, newspaper or a consumer good that manages a spot/page on the Service) that are relevant to them, and for these Official Content Creators to provide information about themselves, their locations and events to users, as well as to reward users when they visit their location or event through offers and specials. When you visit a particular location your visits may be shared with that location in order for that location to better provide services to you. Additionally, brands may have access to aggregated and anonymous/or anonymous data, such as de-identified data about places that its followers visit (that is, not tied to individual users).
- In addition, in an effort to provide users with the most relevant content that may be missed on the Service itself, if a user shows a high level of interest (user clicking on eight (8) or more spots under an Official Content Creator’s jurisdiction in a 2 week time period, or a user unlocking 2 or more spots under an Official Content Creator’s jurisdiction in a month), then an Official Content Creators may be granted access to a user’s email, age, and demographic data in order to re-engage them with offerings. Official Content Creators that are granted access to user information beyond the anonymous data are carefully vetted in order to ensure GeoSwap user privacy. If a user wishes to be hidden from Official Content Creators then please send us an email at email@example.com.
- Vendors/Contractors: We employ other companies and people, such as independent vendors and contractors, to perform tasks on our behalf and need to share your information with them in order form them to provide services to us. We do not authorize such vendors and contractors to use your Personal Information for their own benefit and we request that they provide a comparable level of protection for your Personal Information.
Determining and Sharing Location
Determining your location – The Services deal with location, so in order to work, the Services need to know your location. Whenever you open and use/interact with our apps on your mobile device, we use the location information from your mobile device (e.g., latitude and longitude) to tailor the Services to your current location (i.e., we’ll show you a list of nearby locations, events, deals, and offers).
Sharing Location with the GeoSwap app (version 8.0.0 and later) – Your real-time location is not shared on the GeoSwap app. If you post a picture at a spot, or otherwise interact with a place, users may infer that you have been to that location. Some content, like pictures, are time stamped and other users could use that information to infer when you were at a place.
The Services include several features that may allow you to share your information with others. The Privacy FAQs explain how these features work and describe how you can modify the default settings. Please review them carefully. Please remember that if you choose to provide personal information using certain features of the Services, that information may be available to the wider Services community, or may be published on our Sites, which is subject to indexing by third party search engines.
We may provide you with the ability to log into the Service using your existing social media accounts, such as Facebook. We do not control such social media services, your profiles on those services, modify your privacy settings on those services or establish rules about how your information on those services will be used. You and the social media service providers are in control of those issues, not GeoSwap. You are encouraged to read all policies and information on the applicable social media services to learn more about how they handle your information before using any such features made available to you on the Service. We are not responsible for any acts or omissions by any social media service provider or your use of features that come from their platform.
Sharing with Partners, in connection with business transfers, and for the protection of GeoSwap and others:
- Our Partners: In addition to the data sharing described above, we enter into relationships with a variety of businesses and work closely with them. In certain situations, these businesses, provide services to you, sell items or provide promotions to you through the Services. In other situations, GeoSwap provides services or sells items jointly with these businesses. You can easily recognize when one of these businesses is associated with your transaction, and we will share your Personal Information that is related to such transactions with that business.
- Business Transfers: If GeoSwap or substantially all of its assets are acquired, or in the unlikely event that GeoSwap goes out of business or enters bankruptcy, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party.
- Protection of GeoSwap and Others: We may release your information when we believe in good faith that release is necessary to comply with the law, including laws outside your country of residence; enforce or apply our conditions of use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of GeoSwap, our employees, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations (including outside of your country of residence) for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Is Personal Information About Me Secure?
Your GeoSwap account Personal Information is protected by a password for your privacy and security. You need to prevent unauthorized access to your account and Personal Information by selecting and protecting your password appropriately, and limiting access to your computer and browser by signing off after you have finished accessing your account.
GeoSwap endeavors to safeguard user information to ensure that user account information is kept private. However, GeoSwap cannot guarantee the security of user account information. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors, may compromise the security of user information at any time.
If you are located outside of the United States, please note that our Services are hosted on computer servers in the United States. Therefore, your information may be processed and stored in the United States. As a result, United States federal and state governments, courts, or law enforcement or regulatory agencies may be able to obtain disclosure of your information through laws applicable in the United States. Your use of the Sites or the Services or your submission of any Personal Information to us will constitute your consent to the transfer of your Personal Information from your home country, including the United States, which may provide for different data protection rules than in your country.
What Personal Information Can I Access?
If you have questions about the Personal Information we have collected from you, you can email jason.bamford@GeoSwap.com.
What If I Have Questions Or Concerns?
If you have any questions or concerns regarding privacy using the Service, please send a detailed message to: jason.bamford@GeoSwap.com. We will make every effort to resolve your concerns.